Let’s talk about your business’s website. Today most companies/businesses have their own website, whether the business is small, just starting, or big and well established. We live in an ‘online’ era where people Google something as easy as walking to the fridge or scrolling through social media. ‘Have you Googled it?’, is a phrase that has become more and more popular in our households and conversations. So the question today is not whether your business should have a website. Let’s rather talk about what will make your website stand out among hundreds of thousands of websites available online. Let’s talk about what you should invest in, to make sure that it is your website and your product/service gets chosen.
But let’s start where your website started. Did you make use of a website designer or did you build your website yourself? This is an important question to answer when it comes to making sure your website stands out.
Why do I need a web designer, why can’t I just build my own website?
This is a good question that more people ask, why spend a lot of money on a service that I can do myself? Yes, we do live in a time where more and more people are becoming skilled with using their computers and doing things online even though they don’t have any professional training and education in these areas. The question you should ask yourself is what is the goal of your website? Who do you want to reach through your website? If you just want a website for the sake of having a website, then by all means build your own, BUT if you would like to increase your reach, build your lead gen, grow your business and make more money, then invest in your website is one of the best decisions you can make. When you invest in a website designer they don’t just think about building a website for the sake of having a website. They think about certain aspects that you don’t even know about. They keep in mind that there are thousands of millions of websites out there, and how they can make your business stand out so that customers choose your product. They also build your website in such a way that will set up your SEO which in return set up your business for a successful search on Google so that your website may stand out amongst all the others available online. Designed is one of these Website building/designing companies that keep the following in mind when building their websites.
They BUILD their websites with the following in mind:
- Mobile-friendly and Responsive designs – most people use their phones to search for something quickly. When we build our websites it will adjust for viewing on any device; computers, iPads. Tables and phones.
- Search Engine Friendly – Your website will be designed with Google in mind.
- Web Hosting – We ensure that your website will be up and running at all times.
- Domain Name – We can register your domain name on your behalf. The ownership of the domain name is 100% yours. Should you already own a domain name, we can either transfer the domain OR point it to our servers.
- CMS – Content Management System – As soon as your website is up and running you will have full access to update and maintain your site if you choose to do it yourself and not make use of our maintenance services.
Now that we’ve established that it is important to make use of professionals to build your business website because it has so much more benefits than building it yourself, let’s have a look at the importance of maintaining your website.
Why is Website upkeep essential for your business?
You invite customers in and welcome them into your home through your website. Your website tells a story of who you are, what you do, what you have to offer, what you believe in, and what you stand for. By investing in upkeep and updating your website your customers become family and part of your story. This we do by adding quality content that is frequently updated.
According to Forum One, Simply having your site up and running is not enough. Regularly updating and maintaining your site is crucial to ensuring that your site is running at full capacity. Just like cars, websites require maintenance to operate properly. Properly maintaining your site helps to ensure site security, increase the number of new visitors, boost returning traffic, and more.
Maintenance can include simply changing images, adding new products, updating content, etc. Anything new and exciting that tells your business story. Therefore we can say that web maintenance is an important part of your business regardless of the size of your business.
Investing in website Maintaice service can help you keep your website up to date, fresh and exciting.
Website Maintenance can include:
- Add content/pages – Add a new page to your site as your business grows.
- Update Content – Add the latest news, blogs, images, videos, articles, testimonies, eTC. to keep your website fresh and up to date.
- Social Media connection – Add your latest social content and news, and add social buttons and links. Let us help you grow your sphere of influence.
- Design changes – We can change your layouts and designs to keep your website fresh and exciting.
Advantages of investing in Website Maintenance according to Forum One:
- It Improves Security– You want to ensure that your website is keeping up with the latest software patches and security updates. Failing to do so, gives hackers the opportunity to steal data from your website.
- It boosts site traffic – In order to provide searchers with the best quality content, search engines such as Google raise rankings for websites that are updated regularly. A higher ranking increases your site’s visibility, which increases the likelihood that your content appears when your target audiences search for relevant keywords. Updating your site with valuable information, and keeping your content updated will help drive both new and returning visitors.
- It optimized the visitor experience– Regularly updating your site with sharable content such as upcoming events, image galleries, and blogs gives your audience an idea about who you are and what you do. Engage with your audience by including actionable items such as a newsletter signup form and social media icons that link to your organization’s profile. A well-maintained website helps promote your brand, work, and mission. Remove information that is out-of-date and conduct a site audit to track issues and errors on your site. Do this regularly so that you can provide your visitors with the best possible user experience.
Website maintenance is important for all organizations, both big and small. Regularly maintaining your site will improve performance and provide a safe and secure environment for your visitors.
With that said, it is not questionable if it is necessary for small businesses to invest in Website maintenance. If you have a small business and would love to see it grow, it is even more so important to invest in maintaining your website to ensure more traffic and growth for your business.
If you would like to see your business grow, keep your website up to date and trendy to stand out, Designed can help you.